Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5am

for
bidden thoughts
for
saken actions
for
gotten memories of a one-time dream...

my (pre)face edition is
my (un)doubted preference--

i was dreaming that dream again. it woke me at exactly 5:00 am. again. always. your face. brilliantly happy. only in a dream. always. am.

for
lorn hope
for
feit fate
for
'mer prey turned predator inside out again...

this (in)version of Windows Witch
this (out)come leaves a bitter taste--

we met by chance and now all my intentions are [in]appropriate. ive appropriated the [in]consistencies of language so i can write a poem only i understand.

for
ground rules
for
boding feelings
for
ever canopies that shield the sun of the eyes...

your (circum)stances determine
your (comp)lieing mouth--

to say. there is nothing to say, cant. for a variety of bad reasons. to mention it is to lose it. a 2 dimension. will. become 3. then 4, then 5, then 6, then 7...

for
ward protection
for
most ejections
for
shadowed ejaculation on the bathroom tiles...

that (un)intended chance meeting
that (pre)inscribed desire--

clutch me to your trembling. i want to shiver with you. in a world bereft of warmth i need a shadow. no one remembers a time befor this one.

for
'te unknown
for
cast unknown
for
knowledge is yet to be determined as accurate...

our (out)post of freedom
our (in)sufferable isolation--

of one another. this is not condoned. we are committing a taboo even now. your waters rise onto my shorefor and i am no longer an i-land on a controlled drift.

for
m'less content
for
mu'late unwords
for
swearing a secret message through body contact...

its (comp)lementing to know
its (circum)spectacular and mutual--

im already laying there beside you awake. no need to ask. or speak. whisper. touch. just tell me where to sleep. 

and ill be there.


-gabe

1 comment:

  1. "we met by chance and now all my intentions are [in]appropriate. ive appropriated the [in]consistencies of language so i can write a poem only i understand." -I don't know what exactly it is, but this (slash/your whole "5am" piece) has struck me in such a certain way, that I am uncertain of it...but there's something very universal, yet particular here (I'll have to think more about it...)

    ReplyDelete