Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kaitlin Lindquist's work

Here's a few of my most recent works. I haven't thought of titles for them yet, they just kind of streamed from my mind...

the first two are spoken word/raps/songs of sorts. the third is a poem.

::: stay straight keep it tight forget the name but remember the same way to say it twice, if you’re mindless i hope you find this and seek solitude to adjust your mood but maybe I spoke too soon and your flyness could erupt on a solid tripping saturday afternoon, finding the key to your third eye and hereby see the channel that's deeper than the one on your tv screen or in the stream of vodka cranberry concoctions, it’s this stimulus at auction starting at six fifty a pop that stops us from seeing that the wind is free, so is sunshine when it’s the right time and love when we untangle all the strings, just remember to forget that name it’s what ruins the game make your calculated moves so it all fits in the grooves then come aboard and sail with me?

__________________________________________________________________________________

::: I have a problem. And I am constantly looking for answers and how to solve them and I can’t sleep, knowing the world is turning and I’m still making these promises I can’t keep the hill is so steep, I keep having these dreams where the earth is being pulled out from under my feet and I can’t stop running, for fear of the under coming, when momentum impacts stasis and destroys the oasis
my mind is basic, but emotions carry it away when nothing seems to make sense and fact is only based off hearsay…
And so I pace. Like a caged animal I pace,
restrained by the impermeable lackadasion of my own race, I keep getting dead ends in my face, continuously fenced in by concrete walls and sky scrapers so tall I can’t see the stars that are supposed to guide me to my right place
And I feel so disappointed, so heart wrenchingly disappointed
when the fact of the matter is I’m a product of my own waste

And this time, oh, I thought it would be different

This time, oh I had hope in you,

But I won’t stop, no, until my search is through

But it’s close. At least I feel further along
but maybe it’s only survival thoughts conjured to make me feel strong
but there’s a medicine, and it ain’t no penicillin, or prozac to take the wrap and keep your mind from spinnin,
it’s that Lucy in the sky that puts diamonds in my eyes,
I saw the world through a kaleidoscope found a spectacle of lies...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

and a poem for you...

::::
rays of light danced behind my eyelids,
as swaying sensations rocked me into lucid dreams
where I learned to fly underwater
and play guitars with broken strings,
and I remembered to forget
about too often remembered things
like time, and space
and dollar bills 'n things,
and it was there at the bottom of the ocean
that I began to sing,
and angels came to me
to help unfold my wings,
as they spread they stretched
and I began to cry
but among the rain and the rivers
all my tears came out dry,
so instead I fell down to my knees
and looked up to the sky repent,
for lies and sloth
and time ill spent,
and infinite reasons
why a heart fills with regret
and it was then that my wings opened and I flew
not only up but out,
sideways and backwards too,
I became the water and the air
and everything in between,
and in turn it turned in
and dissolved into me,
to become perfected, protected
and projected to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment