Friday, May 21, 2010

This is more of a traditional poem. I thought I'd share it anyways...

Some nights I stay awake afraid to drift asleep.

Not knowing what comes next or what memories to keep.

Struggling to find out who I am…what is wrong or what is right?
I don’t know where I left myself and I lost the will to fight.

As the night flows into morning, the light brushes my face.
It should be warm & inviting, like a comforting embrace.

Yet the kiss of the sunrays feels so cold upon my skin.
All my tears of emptiness are distinguishing the fire within.

Sometimes a door will open but another closes so fast.
And that distant glimmer of hope fades quickly into my past.

I’ve been through so much sorrow that I’ve grown numb to all the pain.
So I won’t let go of tomorrow now that I can shield most the rain.

A mystery unfolds itself right before my eyes.
He watches me intensely, like an angel in disguise.

As I’m nearing the edge of my own insanity…
oblivious of imperfection, he reaches out to save me.

The icy sheets around my heart melt swiftly as he smiles.
My walls come crashing down, only to see vulnerability for miles.

I know I’ll come to find myself but I still may run or hide.
Guardian Angel, right now I’ll sail away with only you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment