Sunday, May 30, 2010

oil spill response

What the hell is this?
I'm standing on a stage in. a house on. a hunk of land on. a ball of dirt on. orbit around a sun in. the middle of. an infinite universe...
What the hell is this?
Babies are screaming boyfriends. are hitting police. are arresting soldiers. are shooting lovers. are crying strangers. are judging the socially insufficient...
What the hell is this?
Factories are dumping people. are driving machines. are replacing no one. is listening. and thousands of gallons of oil spill into the Gulf of Mexico as I write...
What the hell is this?
Every night you lay awake worried about eviction. bills. money money money. got no. money. money. money. got no one. beside me...
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?
why                                   this?


sometimes I feel.



like taking. the nozzle of a gas hose putting it up to my face 'n squeezing the trigger.
(alterity's a bitch)
sometimes I think.



that you. only need a good slap on the hand to keep your greasy fingers out of the plastic cookie jar.
(ignorance is bliss)

sometimes I wait.



for a time. when we decide to suck out our fat rolls of cookie delight and BP liquor and spread it over toast to feed the angry birds above us.
(hope is not faith)


I wait for it.



I wait for it.





I wait.







for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment