Monday, May 10, 2010

A Collaberative piece by Gabe and David

In Memory of Bill Clayton and All Others Who Have Suffered for Being Gay
“Bill was openly bi-sexual. In April of 1995, he was assaulted in a hate crime here in Olympia, WA. On May 8, 1995 Bill committed suicide, despite loving support from his family, friends and many wonderful people in our community. Bill was 17 years old. He was a bright, warm and creative young man. He is greatly missed. Please remember him, and speak out to end discrimination, hate speech and violence against people who are gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgendered - and against anyone for any reason.” -Gabi Clayton
Prejudice -- by Gay Poets

You Fear a life without (y)our Prejudice
                      without (y)our Privilege
Silence is   Racism                                        Silence is Homophobia
                 Sexism                                                        Transphobia
                 Classism                                                      Xenophobia
                     ----ism                                                          ----phobia

            I--------------------------------------------I--------------------------------------I
      Silence                              Inside to Outside                     Manifest
INSIDEOUTSIDE
(Silence)                                                                                                  (Manifest)

The Silent point fingers at the Manifester. It’s Her. He did it. They are the cause. The isms manifest as rape. In the Silent room and after. After if at all. I speak to you as the hungry dead. I will have been so loved and supported. Who will say? Not you. Or you. I will have been this body that speaks to you. Against. Her. Him. Them all too many all so stitched up seamless scarless, of course I lie. But not Sightless. Forever Silent. Them. Me. The dead-in-arms, the sick.  Of it. My words muted by ink splashed dead Yadrissal. Not Seamless. I spill. Me. I see. Never Silent. Not. Ever. Draw the lips up tongue out clock the breath drives up the nose. Cheeck. jaw-mouth tighten. The Rebellion is more than this.

Let me draw us today:

           I--------------------------------------------I--------------------------------------I
      Suicide                              Inside to Outside                    1 More Day
SILENCESMANIFESTS
MANIFESTEDSUICIDE

To Express the Silent phobia and Manifest ism kept inside of you to free. Unseam. Not. Dry Throat. Not. Ever. 
Not Me. 

Join. Me. 
In 1 More Day of Difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment