Wednesday, May 5, 2010

by Gabe Riggs


If these were my last breaths I'd want you to know

 

                     the body

        (what are you?)

                      ends at

                  my fingertips

   and has

                                                    this

                     terminal------------------------------------

the body under siege the potential

                   to

               offer

 

                      care

 

Woke up at 4:30 afraid

This is the last         terminal

                        stop

      the transitory metaphor of

            body

      to manifest unwords

 

     Em body

                that which you can't articulate

Mark the

               unMarked

                                flesh

               as wound

 

"What is this body now good for?"

 

The potential to offer care

                                         ing sustenance

          to BE the ?OTHER

    to KNOW the ?OTHER

 to REFEEL the ?SELF

 

"I'm not sure I'm sep er ate from you anymore"

 

Do my somatics         terminal at        ?

                          stop                   stop

  At mouth ering       my un word        s

                 gasp, choke, lip my words

                 through terminal transit

      STOP                                       Pp

 

                        deposit

                      and let go

                       of mouth

 

 

                 "Where is my body?"

No comments:

Post a Comment