Monday, May 10, 2010

Starry Night: Zach Fraser

http://muniak.com/mazen_kerbaj-starry_night.mp3

I feel this writing is only part of a greater piece that includes the audio file linked above and also the original van Gogh. The get the full, intended affect of the work try listining to the audio file while reading the poem below and looking at the original painting.



It is 50 years into the Future
the Earth is under attack
the superior fire-power of the malevolent Aliens
Prove too much for us

There

That, this

This is Hell

I can see their eyes
I can hear the whirs
and panicked screaming of a thousand machines

it is silent

I can hear them coming
There are three of them

there is silence

I can smell the hatred and the fear
there are two of them

The machines cry out again
damning a failed industry that could not save them

It stands before me and screams
I scream
I awake and confront disgusting reality of human existence
There is no future
This is now
I scream

No comments:

Post a Comment