Thursday, May 27, 2010

taking (giving) maybe one thousand [nightsweat]s peeling from the walls, confess: last night it was my (watch) turn to stay awake. the rain was gone, leaving only [sprint] [cardiovascular] [tracks] a quick-beat(armyboot)ing lullaby.

the pipes in the walls were hissing fire joints pinging like needle pricks and the same sad melody lay obtrusive in my mind like junk in the yard or your broken frame on a bed that offers instead of sleep: pensive wanderings.

so I gave it up, lit the oil-lamp and in the flickering wondered if (like black and distant [stars]) [will] would fade and put on a [movie] blanket for any night-shivering mind and fell in love at an again (distant and) repeated (your) declaration with a (poet's) [touch] of invention.

Can we postcard? Is it too hot to sleep? I have fire in my veins that should be falling wet from the sky, the trees are shaking [like] fresh from a bath. Learn slowly touchsmellsee cushions grow mouldy old we I too quick leaves please have patience (waiting) room for air will [steel back cables] be "no thank you, I'll drink my [vita] without sugar or cream down to the "

--philip G. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment